I’ve almost finished updating all my GameMaker Extensions, it has been a lot of work to do but necessary. The Chartboost Extension was the first Extension I made on 2016, and after 2 years updating all my Extensions every time there was a new update, I can say that I’ll never stop doing that 😉 I love to see developers taking profits with their games or apps using my Extensions!
For GMS 1.4 I’ve updated the Chartboost SDK Extension to the version 1.4.0. It includes the new Chartboost iOS SDK 7.1.2 released on 7 March 2018, and also the Google Play Services version 11.8.0 which includes general improvements and bug fixes.
Google Play Services 11.8.0 Changelog:
- Added the
NativeAdViewHolderclass and related methods in
AdLoader.getMediationAdapterClassName(publishers should instead use the methods of the same name in
- Test ads now show a label on top of the ad. See the testing guide for more details.
- Bug fixes and general improvements.
Chartboost iOS SDK 7.1.2 Changelog:
- Enabled Moat viewability technology to allow serving of brand-based ads.
- Added more examples of delegate callbacks in the Example App.
- Better handling of iPhone X unsafe areas. Ads will now be letterboxed in black.
- SDK no longer collects IDFV.
- Fixed rare crash involving Reachability.
- Fixed rare crash involving DisplayManger.
- App Sheet now displays properly.
- All first ads shown by Chartboost now respect the mute switch.
didDismissInterstital/Rewardedis no longer called when
shouldDisplayIntertitial/Rewardeddelegate returns NO.
- Resolved potential crash with Unity 2017.
- Xcode 8.x is being deprecated. Sorry, we cannot support Xcode versions below 9.0 in future SDK releases.
For GMS 2.1 I’ve updated the Chartboost SDK Extension to the version 2.2.0. It also includes the new Chartboost iOS SDK 7.1.2.
As usual, if you want to check the progress of this GameMaker Extension you can also do it in the public Trello Board.