Hi everyone! I’m so happy to see how many developers are trusting this extension and buy it. It’s really amazing to see all the purchases done until today! 🎉
Two months have passed from my last update of this extension, it’s a lot of time but finally here you have all the latest SDKs provided by Google 😉
I have great news about the extension, with this last update you’ll have two extensions at the price of one! Well, that’s a good commercial slogan haha. The truth is that until now, you had just one extension with Google Play Services. And if you wanted to use your Firebase AdMob Extension together with another extension which uses Google Play Services (like the Google Play Services Extension from YoYo Games), you got errors when you tried to build it. Now there is a second extension without Google Play Services to avoid this compile errors. Just import this new extension to your project, add the others extensions and everything will run as expected! 👍
I’ve also updated the extension with the latest SDK versions for both GMS platforms. For GMS 1.4 I’ve updated the Firebase AdMob SDK Extension to the version 1.2.0. It includes the new Firebase AdMob Android SDK 11.0.0 released on 7th June 2017. You can check the official Changelog:
- For interstitial ad units that are opted-out of video ads, the interstitial ads served will have an immediate close option, even if an MRAID creative calls useCustomClose .
- Added text to the debug menu to indicate if creative preview or troubleshooting mode is active.
- Removed in-app purchase ad format.
- Removed armv7s architecture.
And it also includes the Firebase AdMob iOS SDK 7.21.0. You can check the official Changelog:
- Added the onAdClicked() and onAdImpression() methods to the AdListener class. These methods are only invoked for native app install and native content ads.
For GMS 2.0 I’ve updated the Firebase AdMob SDK Extension to the version 2.2.0. It also includes the new Firebase AdMob Android SDK 11.0.0 and iOS SDK 7.21.0.
If you want to check the progress of this GameMaker Extension you can also do it in the public Trello Board.