Hi everyone! After some holiday weeks I’ve started to update all my extensions and Firebase AdMob has been the first one.
This update includes the latest SDK versions for both GameMaker Studio platforms. For GMS 1.4 I’ve updated the extension to the version 1.3.0. It includes the new Firebase AdMob Android SDK 11.2.0 and 11.2.2 released on 14 August 2017 and 5 September 2017 respectively. You can check the official Changelog:
- Added the loadAds() method to the AdLoader class, which allows apps to load multiple unique ads in a single request.
- When you upgrade your app to version 11.2.0 or later of the Google Mobile Ads SDK, your app’s build.gradle must also be updated to specify a compileSdkVersion of at least 26 (Android O). This does not change the way your app runs. You will not be required to update targetSdkVersion .
- Beginning with version 11.2.0, the Google Mobile Ads SDK is available via Google’s Maven repository. For more information, see the Google Play services release notes.
- Added a new loadAd() method that takes in a PublisherAdRequest object to the RewardedVideoAd class.
And it also includes the Firebase AdMob iOS SDK 7.22.0 and 7.23.0 released on 8 August 2017 and 5 September 2017 respectively. You can check the official Changelog:
- Fixed issue where the ad failed to load ad event was not invoked when an ad request is dropped due to the app running in the background state.
- Mediation adapters now get notified via mediatedNativeAd:didUntrackView: when a native ad is deallocated.
For GMS 2.1 I’ve updated the Firebase AdMob SDK Extension to the version 2.3.0. It also includes the new Firebase AdMob Android SDK 11.2.0 and 11.2.2 and iOS SDK 7.22.0 and 7.23.0.
As usual, if you want to check the progress of this GameMaker Extension you can also do it in the public Trello Board.
Don’t forget to visit the YoYo Marketplace to read more about this GameMaker Extension: